At 2am this morning, Baby Ying Ying woke up and started singing. Any noise from her at night is generally my cue to get up and feed the little angel, so that's what I did. For an hour. (She usually keeps me up for 30 minutes, tops.) At 6:45, she woke up again, ready for breakfast. At 7:15, I carried her back to my bed where Lo Gung was peacefully dreaming, enjoying the chance to sleep in. He penciled today in as Busy, and was planning on staying home and doing nothing but studying for an exam he is taking Thursday morning.
Being the kind and thoughtful wife that I am, I decided that he already had me beat in the sleep department by an hour, so it was completely fair and mature of me to drop the baby on his sleeping face.
Aren't I a gem? He certainly thinks so.
The day for me was filled up with Zumba, lunches for kiddos, camp drop off and pick up, and endless games of peek-a-boo with Baby Ying Ying. The usual.
A few pictures from our afternoon.
I call this one "Oh My Goodness The Exam is Tomorrow Morning I Need to CRAM."
(I mean, seriously. Can't you just feel the tension pouring through this picture? No? Well, it was the afternoon. The real tension is right now, as he realizes that he has to go to bed in a few minutes if he wants to be well rested for the exam...and there are So May Things to study!)
This one is called "My Filter is Crazy." Or, alternately, "Homage to Gotye: Some Baby That I Used to Know"
Finally, we have "White Wash". For those days when you would like to airbrush your baby into perfection oblivion.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!