Check it. I take pictures of my kids nearly every day, and the majority of those are on my phone. I purposely chose a phone with a great camera when it was time to upgrade last Fall, so...why not?! Sometimes, the photos tell a story. Sometimes? It's just a little snippet of life. Today, I give you Life as a LoLo. Enjoy.
Every day, on the walk home from school, my kids stop by this patch of buttercups and pick a few. They tuck them into the top of the stroller, admonish me over and over not to squish them because they are "special", and then promptly forget all about them.
It's all about the routines, y'all.
Another routine? Every night, I sneak back into my kids' rooms to kiss them one more time and tuck them in after they finally fall asleep. Last night, I found this gem. Ming Wai asleep on a book. Now, come on you guys - she is face UP on top of a book. These things don't happen on accident, right?! That's her sense of humor - she asked me about it today, with a twinkle in her eye. "Did I fall asleep on my book last night???" She was pretty excited that she'd pulled that one off.
More kid humor. Ming Wai had set up her lunch in a particularly artistic manner, and wanted a picture of it.
See exhibit A:
After the lunch was properly documented, she turned the camera on her brother, posing with...a cracker.
(My children informed me yesterday, at Fred Meyers, that they LOVE Wheat Thins, and can we PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get some Wheat Thins? Then today they ate the whole box for a snack. After posing with them, of course.)
"Mom?? Did you see the pictures?? It looks like I have a square BELLY BUTTON!"
Yes, dude. Good job. You have a square belly button. Possibly his proudest achievement of the day.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!