Friday, July 12, 2013

July 11, 2012

I handed my baby a pile of foam letters from next to the bathtub, to play with while I took my shower. She quickly arranged them into a chemical compound. Obviously, she is a genius. 
A really, really happy genius. 
For lunch, I made something my kids would eat. And eat heartily. Win for me!

You can see more about this lunch here
After a mid-afternoon nap for Baby Ying Ying, it was time to head down to our local 7-11 for a free slurpee! (July 11 is written 7-11, and 7-11-the-convenience-store has taken advantage of that fact by offering a limited number of free Slurpees each year on that day. Woot!) There are only so many "free" cups sitting on the counter. Once they are gone, they are gone. And, in this case, they were gone exactly three Slurpees after we went through the line.
I had forgotten how much I love Slurpees. Cold, tooth-achingly sweet, just a little fizzy. Perfect. 

And the best way to end the day? 
Sprawled out across your bed, passed out cold, ready to do it all again in the morning. 


1 comment:

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!