Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Baby Ying Ying Kinda Loves Our Chickens



My chickens have a fenced in run on one side of the yard. And that is where they should be. Except, they don't always stay in there. On this particular day, I had left the gate ajar because I felt bad for the one hen who always seems to find her way out, but can't find her way back in when she sees all her "sisters" digging into fresh treats. Well, I have no idea if she made it back in, but the rest of the flock certainly found their way out! It's winter, and nobody is playing on the deck, so I let it slide. The girls wandered around, finding invisible bugs in tiny puddles of water, and carefully de-weeding the rest of the yard. It's not such a bad deal, after all! 

Baby Ying Ying, especially, enjoyed their adventures. She calls them "kuk kuk" and just loves watching them wander around. (In the picture, you can see my cuckoo maran "Lightning", and my buff orpington "Rosie". They are from my first batch of chicks. Chicks from the second year didn't get names - we just call them by their breeds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!