Sunday, October 5, 2014

A Quiet Weekend

(The following is a slightly edited version of an e-mail I sent to my father this morning. With the rise of social media, and the ease and flow of tiny electronic tidbits of my story via Instagram and facebook, my blog stays fairly quiet. However, it has value as well, so I am here occasionally to update and write longer stories. The e-mail was edited to change proper names to our bloggy nicknames.)


All is well here! The big kids spent the night at MaMa and YehYeh's on Friday night. They also kept Baby BooBoo while Lo Gung and I ran out and did errands. $250 at Costco later, it was time to come home before we did any more damage. ;-) 

We got Lo Gung to the airport Saturday morning, and I got home just as the Cantonese speaker was coming on in conference. (That was WAY cool by the way. I switched to the Canto channel so I could hear it first hand, instead of seeing his mouth move and having the English voice-over. I can always listen to conference in Cantonese, but the translations are really hard to understand, because the talks are originally English, and the Chinese never sounds quite genuine. Hearing a talk in Chinese brought back fantastic memories.) 



At lunch time, I drove down to McDonalds to meet the grandparents and the big kids, but Baby BooBoo fell asleep on the way, so I just hung out in the parking lot until the big kids were done eating. 

We watched the afternoon session, and then tried to get some chores done. An hour into chores, I realized I had a $50 coupon to spend at Gymboree that expired Sunday night. Yipes! The prices online weren't great, so we took off for the outlet malls. We arrived at 4:45, and stayed for an hour. Quick trip, but I had promised my sister I would babysit after Priesthood. (I was REALLY happy with what I found. All the kids have BEAUTIFUL new church clothes, for less than the price of just one of the outfits full retail. The girls have matching blue satin dresses - stunning.) 

We came home, got dinner together, and waited for my nieces and nephew. While we waited for them, I heard a commotion from the chickens. By the time I got out there, whatever had gotten into the run was gone, and so was my smallest chicken. *sigh* 



My brother and his girlfriend came over to grab some oils from me last night for Mom, and I started Baby BooBoo's bedtime at 10. She was up again at 5, just screaming. Stinker wouldn't eat her snack last night, so that's to be expected. I gave her a bowl of applesauce, and she fell right back asleep, but because it was technically morning already, she wasn't deep enough asleep to put her back in her crib. I held her until 6, when I was able to get back to bed. 

We all slept in until about 8:45. Such a nice morning!! Pancakes for the kids, and conference playing on the laptop at the breakfast table. Pretty sweet. 

The kids are upstairs playing now, and Baby BooBoo is playing her favorite games on my iPad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!