Thursday, May 31, 2007

As I was going to Sin City....


We waited and waited for Teah to wake up. As soon as she did, we all jumped into the already packed (rental) car and took off for Las Vegas! WHAT an experience that was.

We rented a black Impala. A very nice car...a little cozy in the back seat, though. Teah, Grandma and Grandpa all sat in the back seat. The thought was that if Teah couldn't see me, she wouldn't be so fussy. It turns out, mostly, Will and I are very spoiled with our little girl. We took a road trip a few weeks ago to Portland, Oregon. The drive was a few hours, and Teah slept all the way there and all the way back and still slept her normal 9-10 hours that night. Teah did sleep for a few hours of the drive. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I'm pretty sure, when we took our little jaunt across Arizona to get to Nevada, she cried or fussed the entire time. Don't get me wrong - she's a pretty good baby. However, by the time we pulled in to the South Pointe Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, all of us felt like crying, so you can't really blame her!

We stopped in Las Vegas China Town for lunch at Noodle Palace. It's funny - driving through a China Town, I always think most of the restaurants are pretty much the same. However, with Chinese food, you CANNOT judge the food by the exterior or name of the restaurant. For example - we went to Noodle Palace. Cheesy name, strip mall joint. However, this particular restaurant is Will's Uncle's FAVORITE place to eat in Las Vegas. Why, you may ask? Their Fish Ball Maifun soup. (Fish Ball - a small, meatball-like ball, made of ground fish.) So, we go there, Will promptly orders the Fish Ball Maifun Soup. They promptly tell him they are out of fish balls, shrimp balls...and every other ball on the menu. So, he gets wonton woup and we get a good laugh.


Off to our hotel! I loved our hotel. Teah ADORED the casino. We had to walk through it to get to almost anything - the restaurants, the cars, the front door. She loved the sounds and the bells and the people and the lights. I would have let her watch just a smidge longer, but smoking indoors is legal in Nevada and her lungs aren't all that big - I didn't want to give them any more tobacco than I had to! (I'm pretty sure all new moms are psychotic about one thing or another.) We arrived just a little after 4:30. Mostly, we wanted to toss Teah in the pool and see how she liked the water. Turns out, every Thursday night, there is a little over-21 pool party and disco. The pool shuts down at 5:30 to get ready. We get check in and tear upstairs to our room on the 19th floor. We all get into our swimsuits and come back downstairs with about 15 minutes to spare before the pool shuts down. Teah was so covered in sunscreen, she looked like a little spumoni version of Snow White. Me? Hey! What's 15 minutes of Las Vegas sun after 5 pm? Turns out, plenty. I only burned the sides of my neck, but isn't that the worst spot for a girl to burn? How do you carry your purse the next day?!

That night, I got to pick our dinner destination. I chose Satay, a Malaysian joint just outside of China Town. DELICIOUS. Their curry was to die for. It was a little loud for Teah, so after Da finished eating, he took her outside where she promptly zoned out in front of the flashing "OPEN" sign. It was like that VW van from Cars! That's my little flower. Ha!

After dinner, we all went down the The Strip. Again, Teah LOVED it, as long as we didn't stand still. She was mesmerized by all the lights. We saw the fountain show in front of the Bellagio, which she wasn't too interested in. (Harrah's was across the street, and was much brighter. We also caught the volcano in front of the Mirage. She was a little scared of that one - the fire was hot! At 11 pm LV time (midnight, Utah time) we finally parked our little princess in bed. Boy, was she tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!