
Winnie and Scott arrived about 2 am this morning, from their sunny home in California. They drove Winnie's new (used) car, a silver Matrix. Because they're such cute, sentimental people, they named the car - Trixie. Trixie is beautiful!
We went to the buffet for breakfast. Delicious! I had grits. Do you know, I had to hit the salad bar to find some butter for my grits? What do they think, that I'll dump brown sugar in? The nerve! (Ha!) The buffets in Las Vegas really do live up to their reputation - there's something for everyone there. They even had fried rice at 9:30 in the morning!
After breakfast, we all loaded up on sunscreen, blew up Teah's little pool float and headed down to the pool. Teah, again, adored the pool. I think the highlight of David's trip was taking Teah in the pool. If you hold her up in the air, her little legs kick and kick. If you hold her out in the water, she looks like a little frog! She loves splashing and kicking around.
We went to In n' Out Burger for lunch. Will had In n' Out in California, and decided they are the best burgers ever. I told him that wasn't possible - my father's were superior to just about anything else. Time for the challenge! We went to the burger joint, ate the burgers. I can say this - their burgers are better than McDonald's. However, Dad's still reign supreme!
Afterwards, we went to the Las Vegas Premium Outlets, because we hadn't gotten all of our shopping bugs out of us. We had a lot of fun there, but it was so hot! I waited in the car for a while, while Teah slept. When we met up with the rest of the clan, Will had put some shoes on hold for me. (Major brownie points when he picks out stuff he thinks I'll look good in!) They were REALLY cute little Kenneth Cole peek-a-boo toe dress shoes with a kitten heel...but I'd already spent my shopping budget, so I had to put them back. Sad! They were really cute, and he got the brownie points anyhow. Teah scored a new Carter's outfit, though, from Aunt Winnie. She looked great in it!
We went back to the hotel and had their buffet for dinner. Whew! What an AMAZING selection!!! I mean, really, everything was great. I even got to eat a hush puppy! Teah ate her dinner and then started to get tired, so I took her back to the room, gave her a bath and put her to bed. When she fell asleep, I called Elsie to come up. Elsie came up and I went back down and finished my dinner. Poor Elsie - we like our room pretty cold. When I came back after dinner to change, Elsie was sitting on the edge of the bed, wrapped in a bath towel to keep warm! I gave her my sweatshirt, turned the heat up, checked on Teah and changed my sandals for tennis shoes.
Will, Winnie, Scott and I hit the bowling alley. What fun! There was a 45 minute wait, so we hung out in the Arcade for a while first. Scott tried the Dance Dance Revolution machine. THAT was the highlight of my day. Watching someone else DDR is VERY entertaining. Finally, they called our number and we started bowling. My first gave was AWFUL. I think I bowled a 67? Crazy! We bowled three games, and I got better with every game. The boys started getting tired, though. Winnie, on the other hand...she has a very light touch with her bowling - it hardly takes any effort at all. By the end of the night, she was kicking us all to the curb. Will was really disappointed that he lost to his sister...but she's so cute, how could you hold it against her? I told Will, once we get back to Seattle, I want a rematch. I don't think I can beat him, but I think I can cut my number of gutter balls at LEAST in half!
We got back to our rooms around 1 am, very tired, but very happy! It was like a real date! I miss those.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!