Monday, June 4, 2007

Back in the groove of things

So, I have a cold. First, my throat hurt, then my nose went haywire. Vicks solved my throat problem, but my nose was still a mess. Will does not have a cold. Ma, Da, Winnie and Scott are all the perfect picture of health. However, NOW, Teah has a cold, too. What kind of a cold IS this?! I mean, it can't be a very contagious one (which is good!). Oh well - they make Vicks for babies, too!

Today, we hit Costco for the essentials. Living in Ma's house for a week and a half actually inspired me. (Coming home inspired me, too - even going out for burgers as often as we did, I lost five pounds on my trip! Now THAT is inspiring!) I'm going to try to simplify, and clean up quickly after I make a mess. It doesn't always work - I'm chasing Teah around. She's a very hands on baby and doesn't give me huge windows of opportunity to KEEP my goals. However, she has been taking nice long naps since she's sick, and that gives me some room. For dinner, tonight, I tried to keep my resolve - some rice, some spinach, some watermelon and some DELICIOUS BBQ chicken (if I do say so myself! Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt, pepper, a little sugar. Yumm-o!). We were full after dinner...just not really satisfied. We figured out the difference - Ma made all those things, PLUS four other sides, at LEAST! Hmm....not sure how I'll solve this dilemma. In the meantime, we're going to my parents' house for dinner tomorrow. We'll let THEM worry about making a satisfying, delicious, filling meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!