
After our exciting (and long!) trip home on Saturday, we all slept in (Teah included!) until about 10:30 am.
Will and I decided to catch the 1:00 pm session of church at the local building. So, we got all dressed up, left Teah (asleep again) with Ma and went....and came straight back. Turns out, Utah churches are 9, 11:30 and 2! So, we got to eat our (delicious!) lunch before we went out - rice noodles, meat and vegetables. We went to church at 2 pm. The ward was ENORMOUS. Turns out there were three coincidences at play -
1) Elder A was just coming home. (People came to see him.)
2) Elder B was just leaving. (People came to see him. Thus, LOTS of people.)
3) Sherry (remember the neighbor that is the big sister of the girl that took Will to Prom in high school?) sat right behind us. Thus, we were actually in "our" ward (for our neighborhood.) In Salt Lake, what are the chances! There are ward buildings every few blocks!
We packed. We ate another delicious meal (sweet and sour pork, in my honor. Delicious!) and we prepared to say goodbye. Ma and Da were so sad! (Good! I hope this fuels their fire to finally move up here! hehehe)
We went to the airport with our (very full!) bags and got all checked in. Ma and Da saw us all the way in to the Security checkpoint. After that we were on our own. We found our gate. Will worked some magic and got the only empty seat on the plane moved to right between the two of us. That gave Teah some room on the flight to stretch out. She still refused to nurse on take-off, but she did nurse en route and slept for a good chunk of the flight. She charmed everyone around us. She really is a great baby, when she's not hungry, tired or cranky!
When we started coming down into Seattle, I moved her so she could see out the window. I'm sure she couldn't recognize Sea-Tac, but she actually laughed when she saw her "home"! She was so happy to be back. My fabulous BIL picked us up, and she was just staring around at a car she recognized.
When we got home, she amazed us again by calling for us by name. I brought her inside and put her on the floor so I could bring the luggage in. I heard her cry and call "Ma Ma Mommm!" I came back in and said Hi, and then Will left. Then she was babbling, "DaDaDaDa". Finally, when he came back, she had nothing left to say and just stared around at HER floor and HER couches and HER house! I gave her a bath and put her to bed. I never heard a peep out of her. She just lay down on HER bed, held HER BoBo Bunny, looked at HER mobile, and fell asleep. What an angel baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!