While you mull that over, let me tell you about my Wednesday. You remember, from a few weeks ago, how much I adore Wednesdays? Well, sometimes, it's not even my fault! Wednesdays just find everyone.
Last night, when BBJ went to bed, she was too hot, I think. She cried for at least 45 minutes before finally nodding off. She woke up at 11:30. I changed her out of her blanket sleeper into a long t-shirt. She woke up at 3:30. At 5:30, I figured she was too cold now, so I changed her back into her blanket sleeper. She slept until just after 9. We had some breakfast, got dressed and loaded up for our 9-month Well Child Check-Up.
BBJ makes friends wherever she goes. She flirts, and she smiles, and she talks and then she slithers out of my lap and does her little goose step over to whoever her new friend is. It's funniest when the person is a grandmother, because they always hold out their hands and try to take her. She doesn't want any of that! She just wants to walk over and inspect them.
BBJ's poor doctor was running pretty late. We had our appointment set for 10:30. She met with the nurse, got measured, and then waited for a good half hour before the doctor made it in. The Good Doctor's prognosis on my non-crawling, non-rolling, sweet-tempered daughter? She's stubborn. Not only that, but watch out - she'll probably start throwing tantrums earlier than most of her peers, due to her sweet, even temperament. (Note to those that do not personally know BBJ - her temper is not even. It can be very, very sweet when she wants to charm you. When she doesn't get what she wants, she stares you straight in the face and screams. She clenches her little fists, screws up her little face, and just lets it out. The rest of the time, she's an angel.)
Of course, after our visit with the Good Doctor, we had to go to the lab to get a finger prick to test for anemia. BBJ was very tired by this time, and more than a little cranky. We waited for about 15 minutes for a technician, and finally got into the little chair to get our prick. The technician asked me to please hold BBJ's hand very steady and keep her very still. Here comes the prick! Prick!! And...nothing. No reaction. No flinch. NO sound. BBJ just looked at the technician, looked at me...as if to ask, "What's going on? Why is everybody holding my hands?" What a good girl.
Now, let's check out some illustrations of my lovely, good girl.

This is BBJ "crawling." Well, at least that's why we put her on the floor on her stomach, right? You can see she's thrilled to be there.
This is the closest she gets to crawling. She kind of stands up on all fours, then aims herself and shoots.
This is BBJ when she gets what she wants (ie - attention, the lens of a camera and a cookie).
See? Still getting what she wants - she loves to play with LouhGung!
And this? This is when I put her on the floor, with all of her favorite toys, instead of carrying her around while I made dinner. As you can clearly see, I'm in trouble!
This is cousin E. As is clearly illustrated here, somebody is in trouble. This time it was BBJ - she touched E's favorite doll. I can't imagine where people got the idea that these two girls were related! (Here, E is telling me why BBJ is definitely NOT allowed to touch her doll. That was during our babysitting-spree on Tuesday.)So, I'm on the lookout for tantrums, and I'm lovin' my baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!