Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lock your doors!



Ok, so maybe it's a little premature to start locking your doors in this case - unless, of course, E is coming to visit, of course! (We put door handle blocks on 6 of our doors this week. These included the front door, the bathroom doors, the laundry room door...and the pantry! Life's been much calmer since then.)

Yesterday, the Good Doctor informed me that I have a slightly stubborn/obstinate daughter. She prescribed a daily regimen of floor time (and crying, if that should occur.) Yesterday, there was plenty of crying. Plenty. Last night, she slept for 12 hours without waking up - maybe the crying tired her out! This morning, when she finally woke up, we went to visit my grandmother. My sister (I'm still waiting for a name, guys!) worked with BBJ on the floor, trying to teach her to crawl. BBJ would work her arms while (sister) worked her legs. She got pretty good at it!

We came home, I went out with a friend, we came back. I put BBJ on the floor for her floor time. Sometime, between 5:30 and 7:30, she started crawling! It's not completely full-fledged yet, but...picture someone tip-toeing on their hands and knees? Her knees don't take big steps, but little itty bitty steps. It's pretty cute. And she can now reach anything within 2 feet of the ground. Anywhere. Anything. What am I going to do?!

1 comment:

  1. It is truly amazing how much happens within a few days. Lucy laughed her first hearty chuckle today, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!