Saturday, August 25, 2007

Time Out!!






Yesterday, we had the most funnest baby play date EVER. Seriously. We had 4 moms and 6 babies. Three of them could crawl everywhere and, between them, could get just about anything open. So fun! I took that opportunity to check the baby proofing in my house. Oh, and to eat the most amazing sandwhich ever: hamburger bun, mayo, mustard, cheese, tomato, avacado, grilled chicken, BACON. Does anything taste worse with bacon on it? DELICIOUS!

We picked Daddy up from the airport last night, and our rejoicings were great, I can tell you! BBJ missed her Daddy very, very much and was very excited when she woke up to find him.

Daddy and I stayed up until midnight to CELEBRATE HIS BIRTHDAY!!! I couldn't tell you how old he is, except to say that he's officially "middle aged." (Unless, of course, you go with my mother's definition - you are "middle aged" when you have grandkids, "old" when you have great-grandkids. When I asked her what she was BEFORE she had grandkids, she was "young.")

He read a nice, sappy birthday card I wrote for him. Then, we sang happy birthday. I had two pieces of cake left over from a party. I stuck a match into one and lit that on fire. He blew it out just fine. We opened presents that had been accumulating during the week, from family.
There's BBJ, making her escape as I loaded up the car while Daddy was getting his new drivers license. Bye bye, BBJ!

This morning, Louh Gung made his first official act as a middle-aged person - he went into the DOL to renew his drivers license. An hour later, we were on our way to a fun-filled afternoon. (Why do truly fun-filled afternoons start with generally lousy, long, loud car rides?) BBJ was really good, until the last hour...when she decided she was tired of being good.

She was rewarded for her patience, though - she had her very first boat ride. (The ferry ride didn't count!) The sweet thing LOVED it. She fell asleep while Mommy went out on the Tow n' Ride. Then Mommy went out on a Jet Ski. BBJ slept on. BBJ woke up and realized she hadn't had any milk since about 9:30 this morning. She made a quick pit stop to that end, and we were off! She actually took another nap after that, while Mommy took a 7 mile tow n' ride spree. Whee!

Daddy finally got BBJ to sleep, when Mommy couldn't do it. It must be the birthday juju.
I'll keep you all updated on our progress, but we're having a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!