So, BBJ learned to walk yesterday! Sweet Auntie M was here, and watching BBJ cruise along things, then carefully sit down instead of falling down. "She's SO almost ready to walk!" She watched her for a few more minutes, and then said, "You know, my friend did the String Trick on their kid. Have you ever heard of it? Have BBJ hold onto a ribbon, and then you hold on to the ends, stead of her hands. Let her walk for a while, and then let go of the ribbon and see what happens. She might keep walking, just holding that ribbon up in the air! We decided to give it a try.
I gave her the bottom of a blanket, and held on to the edges. We walked a few paces, then I lowered my arms so the blanket was slack. She kept walking! She walked about 6 steps, until she reached her destination (a Spam musibi mold on the ground) and sat down.
When Louh Gung got home, I was so excited to show him. Before BBJ went to bed, I made him get out my little camera and take a video of BBJ's first steps. This is the best we could do. Yes, he was holding the camera vertically...and I don't know how to turn the video around. Oh well! This is her crazy walk!
Fun blog. Elisa and I saw that Teah is walking, but there aren't other comments on the blog yet. Isn't it the job of the grandparents to write Ooohs and Aaahs for that kind of thing?
ReplyDeleteWhat does BBJ stand for? And do you go by Louh Gung at work & church too?
Yeah, the grandparents would definitely be oohing and aahing....if it were true. Check out today's post, once I get it up. (I'm having some trouble convincing a video to load.) The walking was a one day thing...more falling with luck! Oh well - she should get the hang of it soon.
ReplyDeleteBBJ stands for Bubba Jyu. Bubba was the name my niece (E) gave my growing tummy when I was pregnant. (Her approximation of Baby). Jyu is the Chinese word for "pig", a pet name for children. So, literally, she's a Baby Piggy!
No, he doesn't go by Louh Gung at work and church, silly! It means "husband"...so, unless I'm there....nobody else better use that particular term of endearment!