
Wow. Where has the year gone?! BBJ is one year old, now. In my family, growing up, birthdays were celebrated in sections, with at least three parties. First, there was the party with the family you live with, then the party with your friends, and finally, a dinner with the extended family.
The night before BBJ's birthday, we all went out for Korean food. We sort of combined the birthday with Mid-Autumn Festival (a Chinese festival of the bounty of the harvest) this year - they were only three days apart.

After that, we fed a deep itch in Daddy and went to the mall. That's the best therapy there is, right? Besides that, I just adore telling my friends that it's my husband that takes me shopping, not the other way around. He pulls things off the racks for me to try and gets all the best deals. What a guy!

The day of the birthday just happened to coincide neatly with our weekly play date. Perfect!
In the morning, Grandma gave BBJ her own little bag of "lucky money." Obviously, BBJ is overcome. Speechless with gratitude. Wondering why there's no cheese inside.

Oh, THERE'S the cheese. Much better.

I cooked a big lunch, put together little party bags (thanks, Auntie M) and let the kids come.

We had a few extra guests as well.
Winks wanted to come and play, so he set up shop on our picnic blanket.
Do you see a little blur at the left side of the bush? That's a hummingbird!
After most of her friends left, BBJ got to open her very first birthday present. (Thanks, Auntie Kathy!) She got some adorable little bath toys and a funny hippo that makes her giggle.
(This is BBJ in her new jacket...posing as produce. Have a happy day!)
Happy Birthday to Teah!!! Crazy, kids grow up so fast, I can't believe Sophie is almost 6 months. We always celebrated birthdays in 3 parts also, but I have had to work very hard to convince Jeff that presents come after you sing Happy Birthday... NOT at the break of dawn with your wife half asleep. Hope the parties are fun!!
ReplyDeleteSo, I just need to be reconciled to the fact that your daughter will ALWAYS be better dressed than I am? That's an adorable jacket!
ReplyDelete