Saturday, October 6, 2007

BBJ as: The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar


(Hi, Grandpa!)

BBJ is my experiment. I love to give her new foods and see what she does.

Tuesday afternoon, I gave BBJ a few chocolate filled cookies and ran upstairs to grab something. When I came back, the cookies were gone. No trace. No crumbs. Well, ok, there was a trace...a finger trace of chocolate across BBJ's face!
Tuesday night, we had dinner at Auntie M's house. Auntie M served rice and beans. I was afraid BBJ wouldn't like them, so I got out some other little tidbits for the princess. She liked the rice. She liked the beans. She liked the cheese. She liked everything. Yummy!

On Friday, she wanted to try some of the salsa I was eating. Sure! She didn't like it, and I knew she wouldn't like it...but I wanted to let her try it, and a bit of jalepeno never hurt anyone, right?

Thursday, we went to Costco and Auntie M and I split a box of small oranges. BBJ likes small oranges!
Her own efforts at trial-and-error aren't always as successful. On Thursday, she dug through my grandmother's walker, after pulling it over on top of herself. (She pulled the oven open last night, too. She's getting taller, hence more leverage...I was just glad the oven wasn't on!) As I was saying, she dug through Grandma's little goody basket...and found a plastic tube with a screw on lid. Hmm...well, the lid came off easy enough. (I'm going to tell myself that it wasn't screwed on tight...because if it was screwed on tight, and she got it off that easily, then I've got a serious issue on my hands!) Hmm...is it tasty? Is it delicious? When I looked over I saw BBJ's lips curled up in the funniest expression, kind of pulled back from her teeth and her whole face kind of swirling to one side, if you can picture that. Thus BBJ got her first taste of Icy Hot. HAHAHAH.
Friday night, Mommy and BBJ had dinner together at home. BBJ loved her rice. Wouldn't touch her cheese. (Is the cheese phase over already? I hope not! She needs the protein at night to fill her up and help her sleep...and I just bought a bag of cheese sticks at Costco. What am I going to do with all that cheese??!)

At the end of the meal, I was helping BBJ eat some of her dinner. (She loves tomatoes and eggs, by the way.) She grabbed my chopsticks and guided them into her own mouth. She took her fully loaded spoon, and started feeding herself! She tried to put other things on her spoon, but they wouldn't fit. (It's hard to balance an orange section on the edge of a baby spoon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!