Sunday, November 4, 2007

Mama is scared

Ok, so this doesn't really have anything to do with BBJ, but it's a post, and it's still November...so this is what you get today.

First, this is my first time fasting since November, 2005. (That would be the month before I got pregnant with BBJ.) Wish me luck.

Second, there are some gentlemen on the roof of a condominium down the street from me. I can see them from my spare bedroom window. They have been replacing the shingles since Thursday. (A good thing, too - a lot of them blew off during the storm last Christmas, so....might as well replace them before the next storm!) So, that's fine...they're fun to watch. One guy crouches down while another guy, above him, drops slabs of shingle down to him. The guy below *bam bam bam* pneumatically nails the suckers in place, and waits for the next slab. Cool, right? Well, it would be a ton neater if I didn't see two guys up there now, throwing extra stuff off the roof, carrying large boards and long pieces of equipment, in the misty, PacNor rain...without harnesses! This is just scaring the pejeebies out of me. Somebody should call their Mommies and tell them what their silly boys are doing.

Finally, with the time change this morning, BBJ got up at 7 am (new time)...because she usually gets up around 8:00. What this means is that at 9:30, when her body felt like it was 10:30, she went down for a nap! Church might go a lot better today than it has in about two months. Wish us luck, again!

Ooh, make that three guys. The third is walking the ridgepole of the roof, carrying what appears to be heavy boxes of shingles. So, we've got large items, long items, heavy items...wet roof, no harnesses. Sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Stupid Time change, I don't think Sophie knows what to think trying to go down at the new 11 o'clock... and then I am off to Florida for the wedding, lets just throw her off for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!