Saturday, November 3, 2007

Remnants of Halloween


So, on Thursday evening, Daddy's car died. Kaput. Kicked the bucket. Well, it's more of a coma, really. See, it's done this once before - in the middle of the freeway, a computer chip went kooky and - BAM! Insta-black line on the freeway maps. He was embarassed, and inconvenienced. His car dealership felt his pain, and replaced the (recalled!) computer chip. (Somehow he missed that part?) So, Thursday night, he called me and said it was just like the last time...bummer! A good friend helped him push his car back into the parking stall he had just pulled out of, and gave him a lift home. After dinner, we joined AAA.

So, silver lining -
1) The car died in the parking lot, not on the freeway.
2) Good Friend could drive him home.
3) Car Dealership is just down the road from Work, so not a big deal.
4) I didn't need my car on Friday, so Daddy still had a ride to work without me getting my baby up at 7:30.
5) This time, the problem isn't the chip but the whole stinkin' computer...and, again, Car Dealership feels his pain, and is going to pay for the new onboard computer (approximately $1,000).

So, stinks...but he should have his car back early next week.

Now, my point is - I didn't blog during the middle part of the week, and I accidentally sent my camera to work with Daddy on Friday...so now you're getting pictures from this week! Clever, aren't I?

On Wednesday, we went for a walk with Kathy and Miss Stephanie, and Kelly and Master Bryant. It was quite a nippy morning, so I bundled BBJ up in her new cap and mittens.


Oh, and I have a thing for my baby's bum. I love it! The diaper padding makes it just so round, and it's so terribly useful to her - she falls on it a lot.

She, of course, is partial to her toes...especially when they are large, yellow and "ferocious." (On, come on - she doesn't look ferocious to you? Ferocious in a sort of half-mutated way.)

Wednesday night we went to a fabulous "trunk or treat." Daddy met us there and manned our trunk's offerings while I took BBJ on her rounds. (We told everyone he was dressed as an auditor. Pretty convincing, yes?)

You know, BBJ wasn't scared of anything, until we met a Samurai. This Samurai was wearing all black and a black mask that covered the bottom half of her face. She was worried that the mask would scare BBJ, so she took it off...and she was right. BBJ was terrified...of her face! She couldn't believe this woman was just peeling her own (albeit black and featureless) face off. Poor BBJ was hiding in my shoulder and wouldn't come out for anything! (I kind of enjoyed the schnuggles, though.)

Thursday, we went to visit Grandma Mary, without Cousin E. Cousin E is Sick. Very Very Sick. She had a fever, and a yucky cough and a runny nose and these are all Very Bad Things for Grandma Mary to catch.

So, BBJ andI had fun visiting Grandma by ourselves.


(BBJ is holding, by the way, my new favorite Halloween candy. Chocolate covered mini Tootsie Rolls. Amazing! The Tootsie Roll is soft, not hard like the ones you find at the bottom of your closet. Wow. I am so stealing all of those from BBJ!)

On Friday, we were at home. We begged a friend to come over and relieve the boredom in the afternoon. We did laundry and ate lunch...a few times!

Today, we are going to back to Grandma Mary's place. We are resting. Daddy is playing tennis. We are enjoying a bit of sunshine!

Enjoy your Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!