Alright - where did we leave off? Today is Saturday...so, Friday. When we woke up on Friday morning, there was a foot of snow, and it was still barely falling. Louh Gung got some "bonding time" with his father, in the driveway, in his pajamas, with a snow shovel. Nothing says "I love you Dad" like shoveling half the driveway in your PJs!
We took BBJ out for her first dip...er, romp...in the snow. We bundled her up like a little burrito! There were socks. There were fur-lined pink boots. There were snow-pants. There was a parka. There were little mittens. There was a little fleece hat with a cap under the chin. Then there was a heave and a ho and away she went into the snow. And then...oh, then there was one unhappy toddler, stuck on her back like a turtle, in the middle of the lawn. Then..then, there were three or four pictures (just for you, my blogging buddies!). Finally, we saved her and let her plan in the freshly scraped driveway.
We finished off our Christmas shopping and met YehYeh for lunch. I use that term very loosely- BBJ fell asleep in the car, so I stayed in the car and played BubbleBreaker on LouhGung's work phone while everyone else went inside and ordered fabulous Korean food. BBJ woke up just after the food was delivered - how did she know there was rice to be had!
In the afternoon, we rested around home. I was working in the kitchen with Mama and LouhGung was sleeping on the couch when he suddenly jumped up and said, "We're going!!!" I thought he was dreaming...and maybe being rushed off a gang plank by pirates? After I made sure he was awake, and we weren't being chased by pirates, he explained that he had just received a phone message from his company's East Coast headquarters extending an invitation to join their Manager training program! He interviewed for the program a few weeks ago, and didn't expect to hear back until January. He was actually pretty bummed Friday morning, because he heard that one of his friends had already heard back from the West Coast headquarters and Louh Gung hadn't heard anything yet. Louh Gung is just over-the-moon excited. So....late next Spring, we'll try out living on the East Coast! Does anyone have any tips for us? It will just be for two years, and then we should be heading back to our (read: my) beloved Northwest. I'm very excited, but....well, see, I live a 60 second walk from my twin sister's house, and a 13 minute drive from my parent's home. I'm a really social person and I get bored quickly - I need face to face interaction. I'm picturing a lot of walks in the parks and organizing new playdates quickly after our move!
So...wow. Wish us luck! It looks like we've got about 6 months to get ready, and then...it's off on our young family's first Grand Adventure.
Where on the east coast? Two years, in my opinion is the best amount of time, enough time to explore, and not enough time to really miss being closer to family. I really did love being in the Philadelphia area though, it was a great experience, and when else will Palmyra or Kirtland be a weekend trip?
ReplyDeleteHappy Utah Christmas and congrats! No snow here but relatives are rampant! Kyle is a moose!
ReplyDeleteG'pa