So...we took BBJ sledding. She was not amused. She does not think snow is entertaining. She does not think throwing snowballs at Mommy is funny - she thinks the perpetrator ought to be punished. Severely. (She had the same reaction the one time she saw Louh Gung and I pretend to shout at each other. She couldn't understand what we were saying, and she started to cry - she was scared. We don't pretend to shout anymore.)
So, sledding was kind of a let down.
However, I got a fabulous new haircut, and that makes everything all better. I bet you didn't know my hair was curly? Nope - neither did I. We chopped it and thinned it and -POW. I've got wavy hair! I can't wait to see what it does once there's some HUMIDITY to be had!
Sunday night we met my BIL's family at Temple Square and looked at all the lights. Absolutely magic. BBJ was in love. His family kept asking me funny questions, though, like....why is her hand raised in that salute? I had no idea how to answer. She's pointing at the lights? She doesn't fit in her stroller in that marshmallow of a coat, so her hand is stuck? She can't put her arm down? She's havnig a little brain freeze? (She has those when she's tired - she'll freeze in some random position, and stare straight ahead. She'll give you the smallest grin if you call her name, but mostly, you just have to wait it out - she's on break. Reading that, I know it sounds like a seizure...but it's just BBJ. She's ALWAYS busy, and sometimes she has self-imposed breaks. Union rules, you know.)
So, after strolling her all through Temple Square, she slept like a log last night. This morning, we all got dressed and went to watch Daddy beat the snot out of his sister and father on the tennis court. BBJ was IN HEAVEN. There was a huge spectator deck,with no one else on it, and stairs on either end, and trophies in the lobby...she thought all the trophies were DaDa, because only DaDa plays tennis, right? At one point she leaned over another court (full of Tongans twice my sweet husband's size) and said, "Dada???" There were still laughing half an hour later.
Have a very merry Christmas, everyone. Trust me - there will be pictures when I get back. The connection here is too slow. So, for now - imagine BBJ surrounded by Christmas lights. Then imagine her stuck on her back in a snow bank while her mother laughs. Then smile.
Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!