Friday, February 15, 2008

Heard Recently

On Sunday, a friend of mine (Leiana) noticed that my daughter was wandering down the hall while I was having a conversation, and popped her head in between us just long enough to say, "Oh! I'll take her to class with me!" I only had time to laugh before she scooped up my daughter and ran away. I finished my conversation in peace...only to realize I had no idea which of the 31 classrooms my daughter might actually be in! There was nothing to do but wait out the remainder of the hour until we all met back together in the Chapel. I stood around the doorway, waiting for a glimpse of my little BBJ when I finally spotted her, chewing on something. Something blue.


Blue??!

Apparently, she had been digging through Leiana's purse and found a roll of Smarties. Leiana's husband (Jack) thought there couldn't be any harm in giving her one. That was where the mischief was done - he hadn't reckoned on the only word BBJ has really mastered to any use to herself. (Besides No, of course.) "More?" That single word earned her 5 more Smarties, and two gummy bears besides, to keep her occupied during the course of their class together. No wonder BBJ was so happy to stay with them!

It wasn't until today that I realized what an impact my little sweetie had made on the husband/wife team. Leiana and I were chatting today when she relayed the following story: Yesterday, Jack had wanted something, and she said no - he had had enough of that thing, and he couldn't have any more. (Wives, sometimes, are mean like this. Or so I've heard!) When he couldn't get his way by being reasonable, he cocked his head just so, held out his hand, and implored, "More??"

It was sweet, but it didn't work. Better luck next time, Jack!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! That makes my hungry for pears myself. And i love that story.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!