Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Room Decor for Flakes



Did you know it is possible to have snazzy, dressed up, colorful walls...without the commitment? My sister taught me this trick - it's great for dorms, apartments...or any other space that may need to be de-decorated in a hurry, with no evidence.




This is super simple to do - find some large print fabric. (I used a kit for making wall-hanging pillows. My sister used a sort of Betty Crockerish print as a border in her last apartment. Another friend cut out large roosters and put them up in her kitchen.) Get yourself an aerosol can of ironing starch. I like using unscented...unless you like the lemony fresh! Saturate the back of your cut-out, slap it up on the wall, and smooth it out with your hands or a rag. The edges probably won't be wet enough, so with the cut out held on the wall, go around the edges again with your starch, smoothing it against the wall. Clean up the surround wall, afterwards, with a warm, damp rag. Viola! Instant chic! The cut outs come down quicker n' a stick of butter on a warm skillet, and the walls clean up with just a damp rag.

Now, go get chicified!

7 comments:

  1. That's a great idea, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I'm going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is fabulous! I am certainly going to try that in my boys' rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard this before. What a great way to update kids rooms as they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea! I've never heard of that either. I've been using the vinyl cling stick ups but this sounds so much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fantastic idea! I love it! I'm going to start getting crafty!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!