Monday, April 14, 2008

Getting Ready to Say Goodbye



On Thursday, my sweet friend, Trisha, and my fabulous sister, Wonder Woman, threw a party because we're moving. Is that how it goes? Anyhow, the party was at my place, which means BBJ and I spent our afternoon sprucing up the house and baking. Let me tell you, we had SO much fun!

First, we had to tackle the dishes that had somehow accumulated in my sink over the past 24 hours.

BBJ was shocked and appalled.



After that, it was time to bake some zucchini bread!! BBJ was a huge help - I mean, how's a girl supposed to bake with a dirty spatula lying around!



(Yeah, I had no idea Crisco and sugar were such a tasty combination...but I'm just going to take her word for it.)

Then she realized there was a perfectly good set of spoons sitting on the counter, which would get the job done MUCH faster - she could scoop right out of the bowl!



Since I had already added the eggs, I nixed that idea. She got over it though. I also didn't let her lick this measuring cup...because I didn't think straight Crisco would be good for her. You see, I'm just here to watch out for my BBJ!



The bread came out great, and the party was a lot of fun! We got to see a lot of friends, and they all wished us well. Thank you, again, Wonder Woman and Trisha. We will miss all of the friends we made here. I've lived here for 14 years, and I'm not quite ready to give it up...but at the same time, I'm not allowing myself to think about it. I'm excited to go to the East Coast and just be One of Them for a few years. I've spoken with the Bishop of my new ward, and it turns out - we'll fit right in! About 85% of the smallish ward is transient, like us. There are 6 woman pregnant right now, a good sized nursery, and hardly anybody stays for more than two or three years. (There are several Borg-like companies headquartered in the area, and they all have training programs like ours.)

So...we're going. But we'll be back.

4 comments:

  1. It was a great party! The girls did a wonderful job. It just goes to show how many people here love you and Louh Gung...We will be sad to see your trio head east. On a brighter note, we are really hoping to be able to come visit this summer. (If all works out!)

    It astounds me how much BBJ looks like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Transitions are tough! I'm glad you had a nice party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been craving zucchini bread since that night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so old! Like a little teenager!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!