I'll post later about my fabulous, awesome day yesterday....but this post is for Louh Gung.
Like I said, yesterday was a fabulous awesome day. We ended our day with the (recorded) American Idol finale. Louh Gung had no idea it was a two hour gig, or else we definitely would have started watching before 9:30.
We watched the whole show, and it was a GREAT show. We were laughing that wouldn't it be funny if the ending were cut off. Hahaha....that would be really funny!
As we fast forwarded through the commercials, our laughter got a little more forced, as the little bar sped towards the two hour mark...and we still weren't anywhere near getting our results.
Finally, the moment we'd been waiting for. See, there was more riding on this than just a winner - our little clan started playing a game last year. Each week, we chose who we thought would get booted off the show. If we were right, we got points. Louh Gung kept a running spread sheet ('cause we're geeky like that and it's just how we roll!). There was a special twist at the end of the season this year - if you correctly named the WINNER of the show, you got 25 points...which made it anyone's game. Even the loser could come out on top.
Finally, the part we'd been waiting for. Ryan Seacrest and the two Davids stood on the center of the stage, hearts pounding, waiting for the contents of the magic golden envelope. Ryan Seacrest, in his very best impersonation of Ryan Seacrest, intoned, "And the winner of American Idol...2008...is..David."
That was it. The end of our recording. Can you imagine anything more perfect?
So, honey, this is for you. Don't be too disappointed...but I won. (This is a 9 minute video, but if you want to see a very classy guy winning a big ol' competition and singing about it...I think you'll like this.) If you have your own DVR at home and haven't watched the finale yet, then...don't watch this video. Don't worry - I won't tell you who won.
Rolling on the floor again.
ReplyDeleteTwo reasons: First, we stressed the entire time, too, while watching the recording, only we were really blessed... it ended JUST after Seacrest said the last name. So we knew who won and then, poof, it ended.
Second, we place bets on stuff like this all the time, too. We didn't do American Idol this year, but we have in the past.
(And I should say that the winner was my favorite FAVORITE from week one in Hollywood.)
My AI totally ended right where yours did... "The winner is David..." and then no more. STupid Tivo, we knew that would happen. By the way, congrats on the pregnancy, I was positive about it when you mentioned hormones and sweets and salty foods... but you just don't ask those questions, ya know?!?
ReplyDeleteHey There,
ReplyDeleteI was telling Brianne about how mine cut off after they said Cook... and I was bummed not to see the last song and she told me about this post... I absolutely love my DVR except for times like this... Hope things are going well for you guys! I'm sad we didn't get to hang out more before you left-but it's fun to check out your blog.