Monday, May 5, 2008

We're In Our New Place!

I know I told a few of you that I would be "off air" until Thursday...but I didn't count on a generous neighbor and a WiFi hotspot! :-) (Actually, I have no idea if the neighbor knows they are generous or not. Hmm...it's hard to track these people down, donchaknow!)

We packed our suitcases, dirty clothes and assorted foodstuffs into the minivan this morning, and we were off! We stopped at the house to drop the food and luggage off, then it was off to Rural Airport to return our beloved minivan. *sniff. We were sad to see her go! However, to ease the pain, we stopped at the mall there. A VERY sweet aunt gave us a going-away gift certificate to a fabulous home store. Unfortunately, the nearest one is 45 minutes from our house...right next to the airport! (All I ask is that anyone flying in to see me work your flight out so I can hit the mall before I pick you up. Deal?) We strolled that huge mall and then came back to the house. It was time to WORK.

We unpacked ten boxes today in about three hours. The kitchen is all unpacked, but not quite all put away yet. I lost my energy after about three boxes and had to take a rest...so Louh Gung had to go it on his own for a little bit. The bedrooms are put together...and we finally found my sewing machine! In the meantime, BBJ has huge pieces of packing paper taped over her window and she is happily sleeping in HER bed, in HER room, with HER blankets. She is one solid trooper! She got fussy towards the end of the day, but I think we were all fussy. She was an angel while we were unpacking, alternately playing with her (rediscovered) toys or helping us unload the boxes.

We found our sandwhich press, and had grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to celebrate our move-in with a nice hot bath! (I love you Mom! There's a bath bomb waiting for me upstairs..but I don't think it has any glitter in it.)

3 comments:

  1. Good for BBJ, and good for you guys! Shall we have a race? The first person to get their house ready for a photo shoot wins... You would think that my two week head start would give us an advantage, but don't forget we have Ernie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a former military brat, I'd say y'all are really doing well. Way to put a dent in the to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm catching up! Your adventures sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!