Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Good Sunday

Is there anything better than a good Sunday? Today marked our first visit to our new congregation out here in East Coast-ville. We left at 8:30, since we weren't sure how long it would take us to get to church. Turns out it takes about 20 minutes, so I'm glad we left when we did. The church is down the freeway, onto another freeway, exit, and then an almost immediate sharp right turn down a road lined with trees, more trees, some houses and...a CHURCH. It kind of stands out in the neighborhood.

The choir was practicing when we came in - I was sure it was a feed from Music and the Spoken Word! There were only about 18 of them, but they sounded amazing! No fewer than 10 people introduced themselves before services started.

People kept apologizing for how small the ward, the building, the nursery was...but the building is the same size as our old one, the kids outnumber the adults 2-1 and the nursery has at least 10 kids (compared to our 2-5 kids in our last congregation!)

BBJ was making eyes at SOMEONE all through Sacrament meeting, but I could never figure out who. She even went so far as to call the person "DaDa". The mystery was finally solved when we took BBJ down to the nursery. We opened the door and she was in HEAVEN. She loved being SURROUNDED by kids her own size, and she saw "DaDa" sitting in a chair. She immediately went and climbed into the nursery leader's lap and didn't give Louh Gung and I another look! Turns out, one of the nursery leaders is some sort of Baby Whisperer, and kids are just DRAWN to him. That, and he looks just a tad bit like my father. I was envisioning staying in the room, giving her soem snuggles, getting her used to the kids and then slipping out when she wasn't looking. Turns out, she didn't need any of that!

The rest of the meetings were nice. I met a lot of people, and even scored a dinner invitation for tonight! Louh Gung and I stopped by Costco last night and picked up some salmon and some fruit tarts for dinner tonight. I guess those will just have to wait. ;-) Actually, I think the fruit tarts are coming with us tonight to dinner.

Oh, one more quick thing - did anyone else catch Dinner: Impossible yesterday on the Food Network? No? Well, I did...and I knew one of the ladies on the show! Doris, if you are reading this, good job!

2 comments:

  1. So, so glad the transition process is beginning!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are going well for you guys after abandoning us out here. Your East Coast ward sounds great! Who would have thought? Well, we all know the east coast is the real Zion anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!