All day, I was composing the highlights of the day to share with y'all.
First of all, Louh Gung went out this morning to meet the movers and let them into the house. They spent about 15 minutes going around to the neighbors, letting them know that a REALLY large truck would be parked on the side of the road all today, and most likely all of tomorrow as well. The neighbors had no problem with it as there was still plenty of room for a single car to pass along the side. Apparently, they didn't go far enough down the street. An older woman approached our movers...and promptly told them, in no uncertain terms that it was NOT alright to park the truck there and they would need to move it immediately. Since the driveway is VERY steep, there was really no where else for the truck to go. The matter was explained to the woman...and she promptly called the police. So..Louh Gung and our movers had to wait while the men in blue showed up. Of course, the woman didn't stick around to explain why she called them! The police car arrived, drove past our truck, pulled a u-turn, drove past again, and then asked us what the problem was? Since it was obvious that his large police cruiser could fit through with no problem, he told every one to have a nice day and left. That is one neighbor I am NOT looking forward to meeting! But then again, we had a crazy neighbor like that when I was a little girl...and the day my baby brother let the old grouch hold him, he turned into the BIGGEST softie. Maybe BBJ will like this woman! Since I wasn't there, all I know about her is that she lives towards the end of the dead end street.
Later in the afternoon, when the movers had moved all they were going to move for the day, Louh Gung came back to the hotel to pick BBJ and I up. She and I waited in the lobby, at the window, where we could see him when he drove past. When he did pull up, BBJ turned around and yelled as loud as she could, "DaDa! DaDa!" I doubt there was anyone in the lobby who had any doubt as to who we were visiting.
We spent the evening unpacking what we could and trying to find clothes that matched for church tomorrow! My kitchen is kind of put together, the house is starting to look like our home, and we're just happy to be here!
Perfect, and thank you for the wonderful post. You are on a great adventure that will fuel your family stories for the rest of your life. Have fun, be happy and be safe! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you arrived, safe and happy! Can't believe the lady called the police....she should be fun!
ReplyDeleteWow, I got way behind. Happy trip, happy move and happy news on the ticker at the bottom to you!
ReplyDelete