Friday, July 11, 2008

Pushing My Luck

Guys, thanks for all the AWESOME tips yesterday. I didn't take lunch out to Pedro, and I'm sure he didn't expect me to. Since everybody was so CRAZY helpful yestrerday....I thought I'd push much luck and ask for a bit more advice. (Lurkers, this one's for you!!!!)

MaMa just left, and took all her Chinese Cooking Expertise with her. I've realized, stranded out here in Italian/American Food Land, that my own knowledge of Chinese cooking is not enough to get me through the next two years until I can get back to my beloved well-stocked Asian markets.


Here's where you come in: Do any of you cook Asian food? Really, I'm open to anything right now. I found a blog this morning on Indian food. Cool! My main problem is that I found an AWESOME blog on Chinese food...but the language makes me blush. She has great recipes, passed down from her grandmother, and a sailor's tongue. I need a site to replace hers, fast, before my eyeballs burn out of my head!

So, are there any hidden gems out there, undiscovered by the masses (like Pioneer Woman was last July)?

If anyone out there is a closet Asian cook, or just has a great resource for recipes and ideas, I'd love to hear it!

3 comments:

  1. I have some. My did served a mission in Hong Kong. So my mom took a Chinese cooking class. :) Is there anything specific that you're looking for. I made a copy of her recipe book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my only source is my mom! i can get everything i need for thai cooking at the norwalk store. you should check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!