The other night, while Lo Gung was cleaning up after dinner, BBJ lay down in the floor next to him and announced, loudly, that she was "gwai". For the un-initiated among you, this means that she was a "good girl". (I'm so proud - my baby is actually picking up Chinese!!) Oh yeah, and she learned to say "cookie" the other day.
I made a batch of Whippersnappers on Saturday and they were so tasty BBJ taught herself how to say "cookie" just so she could ask for them at will. Actually, half of the kids in my Primary class (I teach the 5 year olds) asked for the recipe so their Moms could make these cookies for them again. (I can tell you, I had some very confused Mommies looking for me after church! All the kids were asking for "SchnipperSchnappers." Apparently, Whippersnappers is just too hard to pronouce.)
Isn't it the greatest when they start to pick up words? That's where it starts. Before you know it she'll be chattering up a storm.
ReplyDeleteOh, I meant to clarify, chattering in BOTH languages.
ReplyDeletelove it. and i definitely have to try those cookies.
ReplyDelete