Friday, November 21, 2008

On Any Given Friday....

....you can find me at home. It's my last day before the weekend, so I like to try to finish off my "to do" list so it doesn't interfere with my family time.





Here's what's on my plate today:

1) Go to the post office to mail off an Etsy order. (A girl I went to high school with bought the sweet Sally Apron for her niece. Merry Christmas!)



2) Finish off the sewing to get ready for my friends' garage sale tomorrow morning. (Have I mentioned this yet? Sweet, sweet Megan is going to let me set up a LoLo Craft table at her garage sale! I'm taking flannel blankets and burp cloths, with matching dolly blankets and burp cloths for any Big Sisters that might attend the garage sale. I'll also have an assortment of the rest of the wares in my shoppe. Wish me luck! BBJ laid claim to the last of my ducky flannel, so there will be a set for her at Christmas, when Baby Boy is born.)



3) Clean up the messes from the past three days that have accumulated in my kitchen, dining room and living room.



4) Make some cookies or muffins or SOMETHING that will satisfy my sweet tooth and doesn't involve me dipping into the Halloween candy 6 times a day.



Here's how my morning has panned out thus far -

7:00 AM - BBJ and I are up. BBJ wants candy, the bunny movie, to go with Daddy, her hat, her BoBo, and unripe bananas. Now.



7:02 AM - BBJ has had two bites of my toast, and seems to be heading in a more human direction. Daddy leaves for work.



-Check e-mails, try to pick up a little. Succeed only in clearing the table. Lock BBJ's favorite toy in the garage when she and the toy cannot make peace with one another. (How, I ask you, can you get into a fight with a ride-on toy?)-



9:00 - Set BBJ up with a movie in the craft room while I start top-stitching one of the baby blankets. Little did I know, with the stitch that I chose, this process would take 40 minutes to go around a square blanket, 30" on each side.



9:40 - Tell BBJ it's time for a shower, as her hair is well-lubed from her run in with Mommy's coconut body butter yesterday morning. "No!" Throw a small hissy fit and go upstairs to take my shower.



9:50 - BBJ has followed me up, and is playing with the bathroom door. I ask her to come get in the shower - her last chance. "No!" Lose my cool - I'm approximately 6 times her size, and No just isn't an option this morning. Step out of the shower, dripping wet, grab the pajama-clad BBJ and chuck her into the tub, feetie pajamas and all. When she cries about how she's getting wet, I took the shower nozzle and wet her head down. "Mama, I wet!" Proceed to soap up her head, while she protests. When I realize I want to wash the REST of her, I stripped off her PJs, assorted necklaces and diaper and washed her up, good and proper. She stopped crying at some point - she does enjoy the warm water, but she doesn't enjoy getting her hair washed.



9:55 - Turn off the shower. BBJ cries - she still wants to play in the water. Extract a solemn promise from the two year old (ha!) - tomorrow, when I ask her to take a shower, she will enter the shower immediately...and then, and only then, will she have time to play in the warm water with all of her toys. Introduce a new vocabulary word: Obey.



10:15 Still getting dressed. BBJ is tiring out at this point, and is staring dazedly out the window. I pull her sweatshirt over her head. She absently raises her right foot up...up...up. I realize she is trying to put her feet through the arms of her sweatshirt. This is going to be a long day.



We did make it to the post office, and one other shoppe, then home for lunch...and that was only half the day. She's asleep now, and I'm paralyzed with indecision - should I eat chocolate as my reward for not completely losing my mind today, or should I go work on my blankets?



Ooh...perhaps I'll do both. Multi-tasking, after all, is a Mom's specialty!

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... chocolate. :)

    Congrats on the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still have Halloween candy left? It doesn't last that long at our house! :)

    Eat the chocolate, then go work on the blankets and have a great weekend!
    I enjoyed reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Multi-tasking is always the answer when chocolate is involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait. Where is the time you spent emailing with me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good day-especially for being pregnant!!! I can't believe you only have about a month left-just wait until you have 2 crying kiddos :) It's great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the memories that brings back. Hope you enjoyed the chocolate

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!