It's Sunday afternoon, the light outside is grey and still. My baby is asleep in her "Big Girl Bed" and Lo Gung and I are enjoying some "us" time. I thought Sundays might be a good day, this month, to share some church-ish thoughts and experiences.
Besides, Lo Gung and I have our anniversary this week - on Wednesday - and I have two pretty big posts planned to celebrate that. We were able to get away all day yesterday and spend time, just the two of us, however we wanted. You'll have to wait until later to see what we did! Plus, there will be the requisite "How I Met Your Daddy" mushy post. :-) I can't WAIT to write that one!
For today, I will just leave you with this. I have charge of seven 5-year olds during the last two hours of church. They are all quirky, and unique, and stubborn and brilliant in their own ways. Today, as the 6 girls in the class were clambering over each other to get at my belly every time I mentioned that Baby Boy was awake, the subject of names came up. I told them his name, and one girl asked, "Why is that his name?" I told her that all mommies and daddies give their babies names so that they know what to call them when they're born!
I mentioned that he has a Chinese name as well (Siu-Jeun). I told them, also, that Lo Gung and I have Chinese names, too! Lo Gung is Wai-Lim and I am Ka-Shun. I was "named" when I lived in China, working as a missionary. (It wasn't necessary, but it was really fun to have an ID card with a Chinese name on it, instead of just our English names. We were all named based on our personality traits. Maybe another post on that, later?)
Anyhow, one of the little girls looked me in the eye and asked, "Do you live in China, now?"
"No, dear. Now I live in Connecticut."
I love teaching those kids!
And here I was all ready for you to lay some preachin' on me! Man, there were picketers outside of church today on the street corner. Silly old haters, THEY could have used some preachin'! Their signs didn't match anything we learn in Sunday School!
ReplyDeleteBig girl bed. Sniff, sniff.
ReplyDeleteMy son just got his big boy bed too. Its such a big deal a right of passage really
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your comment on Leslie's review of Twilight--I felt the same way as your mom. Has she tried to publish anything yet?
ReplyDelete