Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Report from LoLo Land

Hello, all! Just a quick report from LoLo Land...we're all here. We're home safely from the hospital. I seem to have lost a bit of my blogging mojo (along with about 7 hours of sleep at night), so this post is just to get y'all caught up.

If you HAVEN'T heard the big news, the LoLo Clan few by one member this past weekend.

After talking it over with BBJ (Bubba Jyu), we (read: she) have chosen a name for our new little man:
BiBi Gai! (bee bee guy) BiBi is Chinese for "baby" (haha...gotcha!) and "gai" is "chicken." Apparently, BBJ has decided that this little man is BiBi Gai. Go figure! So...BBJ and BBG? Is anyone else going to get confused?

From Little Man


"Hi! I'm BiBi Gai!"

I'll keep this short - boy is asleep and I want to get as much done as possible!

Enjoy this short montage of pictures from the past four days...



From Little Man

We received a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers from Lo Gung's office. I love flowers!


From Little Man

Here's BiBi Gai in his baby wrap from Aunt Myrnie - when's the last time YOU said 'wahoo'? (An hour and a half of hands-free time! Wahoo!)


From Little Man


BBJ meets BBG...and she was pretty darn pleased about it!


From Little Man

BBJ and Daddy spend some quality time together at the hospital on Sunday. BBJ was at a friend's house - again, WAHOO! The SAME friends who kept BBJ all day on Saturday while I was in labor. Now THOSE are some great friends! (Thanks again, guys!!)


From Little Man

The little man himself, discovering all his varied and amazing parts.

Thank you to everyone who left comments, well-wishes, cards, meals and prayers. If I don't get a chance to respond to everyone, please know that I appreciate all the congratulations and well-wishes! I can read while I nurse and tend to the boy, but actually typing is proving a little difficult. :-)

5 comments:

  1. An idea for Baby Boy in the moby- there's an "x" over your chest, right? Fold the piece closest to your skin in half, folded edge on the outside. Now put BBG in his little sling! Pull the other X fabric piece over him to secure, and the front piece up to be REALLY secure. Might be easier on his little hips. But then again, I never did this with MiMI ;O)

    He's beautiful, honey. Haha...he kind of looks like your father-in-law :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...why is that yummy vegetable called gai-lan, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has such a tiny little head! He really does look like the sweetest little baby. And BBJ looks like one happy big sister!

    I haven't seen that type of sling before- you'll have to tell me about it. I'm ready to try some new ones when I have baby #2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on Baby Chicken!!!!! He was born on my dad's birthday!!! The pics are so super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What an exciting early Christmas gift for your family!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!