Saturday, December 13, 2008

On the Day You Were Born...

Little man, I think this is it. After a few days of on again, off again contractions (and a lot of whining on your mama's part), I think you may be preparing to make your grand entrance. It is 7 am - the sun is just rising. There was a HUGE rainstorm on Thursday, and the lake water rose and rose and rose on Friday, covering at least 12' of our yard. The edge of the lake is frozen now, blotting out part of our lawn with white.



I have been up since 3:30, when your contractions roused me from my slumber. (Let's hope, for both our sakes, this isn't a sign of things to come, alright?) Did you know, if you live on the East Coast and all your family is on the West cost....and your friends on the East Coast keep normal, human hours...there are a few hours of the day where you will feel, if you are up, that you are the only. soul. awake. Those hours happen to be between 3 am and 8 am.



Your sister is asleep down the hall - I really don't think she understands what's going on. Daddy's asleep upstairs - if he woke up and found me gone, it wouldn't be the first time this week. He thinks it's a game. He goes to sleep, and I'm there. He wakes up, and I'm gone! He goes back to sleep...when he wakes up again, I'm there again! (You and I have had a few magical mornings together already. First I couldn't sleep until three, then you woke me up at three, a few times.)



It's 7:20 now. The house is still chilly - just how we like it at night. I can hear the water heater firing up, and all the baseboards creaking as they fill with their hot water to warm us up for the morning.



I hope you come soon!



Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!