This week, when I haven't been trying to finish a million and one I-shouldn't-have-volunteered-for-this-but-I-really-wanted-to projects, I've been thinking. I've been spending time with BBJ, just trying to enjoy the here and the now, before our life gets overturned with a new little baby, daddy home from work for a while, and a steady stream of grandparents, aunts and friends coming to wish us a Merry Christmas and to check out the new little man. (Don't get me wrong - I'm looking forward to all of these things! I also understand that with the arrival of our new baby brother, it will end a small chapter in all of our lives. BBJ won't remember being an only child, but I'm sure there will be days when I will reminisce fondly about having only one toddler to argue with over whether chocolate is an appropriate breakfast item or not.)
As I try to catch these last moments of BBJ being an only child, I've documented a few of them for you. Enjoy.
I love...baking bread with my baby. She did such a great job spreading the raisins on this brown sugar loaf! (Thanks, Wonder Woman, for the idea! We made our favorite bread and then rolled it out after the first rising, spread it with brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins, then rolled it up and let it rise in the pan and baked it as usual. BBJ calls it "candy bread"!)
I, for one, think that chocolate is a perfectly acceptable breakfast (or lunch, or dinner).
ReplyDeleteProbably shouldn't tell BBJ that, should I? ;)
That is a sweet post! I hope the next chapter is just as sweet.
ReplyDelete