Friday, January 16, 2009

Fitness Friday: Week 1 and a Gift!

Welcome to my first full week of Wii Fit use, and my first Fitness Friday post! (Make sure you read all the way to the bottom for your chance at a gift!!!)

I have taken a few measures to make sure that I lose this baby weight before Siu Jeun goes to Kindergarten. First off, I've got a running contest going with Wonder Woman. Since her baby is 8 weeks older than mine, we're starting our counting from the day we had our babies, instead of going by a specific calendar date. Whoever gets below 140 pounds in the shortest amount of time wins a set of handmade cloth napkins from the other. (Pretty slick, eh? I've already started picking out my fabric so she can make them for me!)

My other bit of fun was to join Wii Fit Mommies. It's a forum for mommies who want to lose a bit of weight, and have a Wii Fit at home. Woohoo! I'll be posting on my progress here each Friday - kind of like my pregnancy posts, but in reverse!

This week, I made it onto the fit every day (I'm only counting weekdays here) and stayed on for 30 minutes, doing a combination of aerobic (hula hoop, running, boxing and step aerobics), yoga and strength training (crunches, etc.). I've lost a little weight, and I can really feel my energy go up when I work out. (Combined with daily naps, I'm feeling almost human!)

This isn't a New Year's Resolution - I always fail miserably at those. This is a stiff competition with Wonder Woman and a necessity!

In the interest of keeping it real, and because I have no shame:

Weight at wedding: 140
Weight pre-Siu Jeun: 150 (thanks a lot, BBJ!)
Weight last weekend: 166
Weight today: 164

My goal is to get below 140...quicker than Wonder Woman can!

And now for the gift part...I came across this idea on my friend Tina's blog. (Tina was my roommate in my first apartment in Hong Kong. We were young missionaries together in the smallest apartment I have EVER seen four people successfully share! She's a fabulous girl and I love her blog. Go check it out!) The idea is simple - the first three people to comment on this post will receive a handmade gift in the mail (made by yours truly), so long as they agree to do the same for the readers of their blog. Pay it forward! Seeing as how fabulous my readers are, I couldn't not participate in this!

Have a great weekend, y'all!

13 comments:

  1. haha...I win too? But I don't think that counts ;)

    *sigh* what color fabric did you want again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in. It may take me a bit to get something made though. My sewing area is under construction right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best success at the exercise and weight loss. I know you can do it!
    And don't count me in for the prize. I will flub up passing it on:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shh... I'm at 156 now. No pregnancies to blame. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too funny you already have your fabric picked out so 'Wonder Woman' can make those napkins for you... ;) I'll be looking forward to reading your weekly progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not Fair... I work AND live on the west coast... serious disadvantage! I also have included the Fit in my weight loss goals... 3 days Wii Fit and 2 days at the gym doing cardio... so far so good. But that weight is a pipe dream for me... Although, I weigh about what you do... maybe I CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting for you, you're already down 2 and you've got such a great outlook, I can't wait to read what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you!! I've got a Wii fit and need some motivation. How did you find out about the Wii fit mommies? Is it online through the Wii or just something you do on the internet? I'd love to find out more. Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you have a good routine in place! I like that you have a race going with your friend. That's excellent!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! That's awesome! On a sidenote, getting enough sleep will help get the weight off faster, so stick to those naps! That's my excuse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I join you on your quest to loose weight too? I could definately loose some lbs. I have Wii Fit as well and while I've been going to the gym instead of working out with the Wii, I still use it to weigh in every day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you've joined Wii Fit mommies! Your kids are so cute. :-)

    I'm horrible at New Year's resolutions, too - glad I'm not the only one! lol While everyone else is making their resolutions I'm silently thinking, "Well, I'm not PROMISING anything but I know what I want to change...". :-) Competition is a good reason to keep going for me! Now I just have to get my husband on the Wii Fit more often...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!