This afternoon, a plane took off from La Guardia headed for Charlotte. The plane hit a flock of geese at 3,000 feet, knocking out one of the engines. The pilot, a former Air Force pilot, performed a controlled crash landing in the Hudson River, as if he were landing on a runway - the first successful controlled crash landing in a body of water with a large aircraft. There was not a single casualty among the 165 passengers.
The whole thing is a miracle, and the pilot is a hero. The temperature today was only 18 degrees - not the best weather for a dip in the river!
We have found out that one of the passengers was from Lo Gung's company. We are grateful that everyone on the plane is safe and well!
Read the whole story here.
That's incredible. Thank goodness there weren't any casualities.
ReplyDeleteoh goodness- what a blessing to have such a skilled pilot, a place to safely land, and apparently level-headed passengers who made it out safely.
ReplyDeleteI still can't believe it. I let the Tongginator watch the news story - I rarely do - but this time it was so amazing, so uplifting. She said, "wow, Momma. They were blessed." Out of the mouths of babes...
ReplyDeleteI heard the news yesterday, but it really didn't hit me until this morning as I watched all the morning "news" shows. I was nearly in tears by the end just thinking of the absolute miracle that took place so close to us!
ReplyDelete