
It has been so long since I wrote a post expressly for this carnival. (Could it be because I have a new baby and nothing works for me right now...not even on Wednesdays? Hmm?)
Dear readers, friends, guests - I come before you now to tell you I have found something that works for me! Please note - this worked for me. It is obviously not the answer to everybody's gassy baby problems. However, if I can help just one sleep deprived Mama...then it's all worth it!
(Men, unless you know a lady that could use this tip, I give you permission to skip reading this one. Don't worry - I'll see you tomorrow!)With SJ, we have two issues. One was uber nasty spit up, usually in the middle of the night. It woke him up, which woke me up, which woke Lo Gung up...and thus everyone was miserable! I started playing with my diet, and came up with this: when I ate cheese pizza, we were up all. night. long. Same thing with chocolate! Icky, yucky, nasty...no more dairy or chocolate for me, for a while. (Pity me! On the plus side, I'm losing the baby weight quicker!)
The second issue was just make-'im'cranky gas. You could tell he was uncomfortable. (The screaming was a pretty good indicator!) Eventually it would work itself out, but those 15 minutes were certainly long! I did some online research (yeah, I know) and this is what I came up with: I have two kinds of milk. Foremilk is really sweet with lots of sugar. Think of this as an appetizer. After this attention-grabbing treat comes the hindmilk. This is where the fat is, and thus the stick-to-your-ribs power! With all that sugar, the foremilk can cause lots of gas!
I was nursing SJ on both sides, but he always fell asleep very quickly after starting on side 2. Do you see the problem? Now, I let him nurse just one side for as long as he likes. So far, so good! I can even put him down to sleep if I couldn't get the burp, and it doesn't wake him up!
So, sleep deprived Mamas, this is what worked for me. (Yes, this is all my life is about right now. Sorry, men.)
To see more tips, head over to Rocks in My Dryer!
Although I am eons away from that phase, I am so glad you have found solutions!
ReplyDeleteHugs!!
ReplyDelete