(Quick introduction if you're new here: I'm a Mormon Stay At Home Mom, living on the East Coast. My husband is Chinese, my family is about as Caucasian as you can get. We are both fluent in Chinese and English, and are raising our kids bi-lingual. I'm Aunt LoLo. My husband is Lo Gung, which is Chinese for husband. BBJ is our daughter, who is two. Our son is Siu Jeun, and he is two months old. Got all that? Alright. Moving on.)
Life's a little crazy around here in the morning. I've usually been up for an hour by the time BBJ wakes up, and I delude myself every morning that TODAY will be The Day that Siu Jeun goes back to sleep at 6:30.
Right.
As soon as BBJ wakes up, it's imperative that we all get some food in us. None of the girls in this family deal well with life when we're hungry! There's a flurry of toast, jam, eggs, bananas...and a glass of chocolate milk for BBJ. (It's a process - she didn't drink milk for months until I convinced her that cold milk with a teeny bit of chocolate in it was Treat Milk. I've been slowly backing down the chocolate, but milk is milk!)
This morning, I could not get any more syrup out of the bottle, but I knew it was still in there. I remembered a treat my Dad used to make for us when we were kids:
Fill the jug up with milk and - voila! - no wasted chocolate!
For more embarassing family photos, visit We Are THAT Family!
Love it!!! I'm a MSAHM too!!! Nice to meet you.
ReplyDeleteWhoa. Time to cut her off, honey!
ReplyDelete*grin*
That's hysterical! :) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteMelissa
DD Mia
Very good idea!
ReplyDeleteThat is too funny! That would be a great ad for chocolate! Can't get enough! ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's the best tip I've read all week long!!
ReplyDeleteThat's something I would totally do. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is actually a great idea. It made a cute photo, too.
ReplyDeleteGlad you joined the carnival. It's always a blast. And what a great start you made.
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of mother are you?!?!! Why is that not Hershey's????
ReplyDeleteFrugal and fun! What more could you want?
ReplyDeleteLove it! Hey in these rough economic times you gotta save every penny you can.
ReplyDelete