To my Mormon Mommie Blogger Peeps - Here's the message I'm taking around to the sisters on my route today. I'm totally wussing out - I can't bring myself to take my toddler, and my newborn, out to visit my ladies today, when there's an Epic Flu going around the ward.
To my Non-Mormon Peeps - I, and most other Mormon women in the world, have a Visiting Teaching Route that we have stewardship over. We are asked to visit with them, monthly, and make sure they're taken care of. If the cupboards are bare, or their parents are sick, or somebody is going to be needing some help coming up (funerals, births, or other occasions that would require MEALS), we report this back to our Relief Society President, the woman in charge of overseeing the women in our congregation. Make sense?
BBJ and I made cookies this morning to take around to our ladies. As I started preparing a little hand out to go along with the cookies (got to have the lesson, donchaknow!), I thought that there might be some Mamas that read this blog that could use this message today.
I'm a Stay At Home Mom, and I LOVE it. I wouldn't do anything else, and I know that I am so blessed to be able to stay home and take care of my babies. (I'm grateful, too, for a hubs that understands where I feel I belong, and is able to make sure I can stay home!) I know my lifestyle isn't an option for everyone, but the message below still stands - regardless of whether we stay home or not, the nurturing of our children is primarily our responsibility, and it is a sacred one. We are accountable for the raising of our children, one way or another!
I'm grateful for all the faBU Moms I've met through this blog - this one's for you!
Julie B. Beck, Relief Society general president: “I have a testimony gained from pondering and studying the scriptures of a plan of happiness given to us by our Father in Heaven. That plan has a part for His daughters. We have the female half to take care of, and if we don’t do our part, no one else is going to do it for us. The half of our Father’s plan that creates life, that nurtures souls, that promotes growth, that influences everything else was given to us. We can’t delegate it. We can’t pass it off to anyone. It’s ours. We can refuse it, we can deny it, but it’s still our part, and we’re accountable for it. There will come a day when we will all remember what we knew before we were born. We will remember that we fought in a great conflict for this privilege. How do we meet this responsibility? We daily put our energies into the work that is uniquely ours to do.”
Now, if I was REALLY going to do this LoLo style, I'd just e-mail this post around to my ladies I'm supposed to visit...but I won't. There's no way to e-mail the cookies we made!
Good thoughts! Thank you
ReplyDeleteYou do need to think about the flu and those precious kiddos of yours! It is nasty this year.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good reminder - thanks.
ReplyDeleteGreat message. :)
ReplyDelete