Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our Early Easter

(Yes, lots of posts today. It's a holiday weekend, and I'm missing my West Coast family and all of the traditions of the past 27 years of my life. So, this post is for all my peeps back in the Pacific Northwest. Have a great Easter tomorrow, and eat some scalloped potatoes for me, ok?)

We had some friends over tonight to share our Easter dinner, a day early. I had talked Lo Gung into buying the 10 pound ham (yes, for the two of us), instead of the 2 pounds of ham steaks, because the bone-in ham came with a glaze packet. (Om nom nom!) When plans to attend a community Easter egg hunt fell through with our friends, I decided them to invite them over here to make our own fun!


The afternoon started out with an Easter Egg hunt for the two kiddos. Remember this guy?


I've been busy buttering up his parents - playing tennis, working on crafts together, and now, Easter dinner together. I really want those cheeks on my grandbabies!

BBJ scooped up most of the Easter Eggs - she's been looking forward to this hunt for days. About two weeks ago, she was with us when we picked up our Easter candy. The next morning, when she went looking for her "jenny beans", I had to tell her that the Easter Bunny had taken them all...but he would bring them back on Easter, hidden inside little plastic eggs.

I was so proud of myself - I made nearly the entire meal. I think this is the first Holiday Meal that I've hosted and prepared, and I thought it went very well! We had glazed ham, homemade bread, onion marmalade, steamed asparagus, oven roasted veg and a green salad.

And now, some scenes from the Easter Egg hunt. Enjoy!


(Don't you THINK about taking these jelly beans!!)

(What IS it?!)

(Mommy said I should share with you, because I snatched up all of the eggs when you weren't looking.)

(Oh yeah? Well, MY mommy said I should give you a kiss!)

Have a great Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, can BBJ get any cuter?? (And did he get his smooch?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cute. Did you get any pictures of your yummy meal?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!