1. Adam Lambert (Whole Lotta Love) - How many ways can you spell "believable." I don't even know what to say. This, again, isn't my type of music...I wouldn't buy this song, even if it WAS Adam. However - the kid makes it look effortless, he makes it him. Those top notes are definitely his Signature Move.
2. Allison Iraheta (Cry, Baby) - I think it was awful rotten to put Adam first! I'm somehow underwhelmed. I thought Allison would rock it out this week...and this just isn't quite doing it for me.
3. Kris Allen (Come Together) - If Kris has to do Rock, this is the right groove for him. It's sort of...a gentler rock, and it fits with Kris' vibe. I don't even know what else to say! I'm liking this. This is rock I can get behind, and I really liked what Kris did with the song.
4. Danny Gokey (Dream On) - Hmm...so far, so good! (Danny, sweetie, please stop giving the camera that glassy eyed stare. I know it's supposed to look tough...but you just look desperate. Thanks.) Lo Gung sez this is flat...but maybe the rest of America won't notice? He's adding just enough blues to this to make it his, and I really like his take on this! Ok, the scream...oh my goodheavensmakeitstopnow!! Once he hit that high bit, he sped his tempo up by half...while the band stayed the same tempo...and then he just decided to go all "dying chicken" on us. Again, maybe America won't notice. Maybe.
Hmm...who's going home. I liked Kris better than Allison or Danny tonight...but the duet might have saved Allison. Lo Gung didn't like Kris...
I'm going to go with Allison. Gut feeling.
Discuss!
Umm...America won't notice a screaming, dying chicken...who sang flat? Is that your position?
ReplyDeleteMaybe I should start watching this thing :)
I loved Adam and Allison's duet!
ReplyDeleteHuge Gokey fans here... you know that. And the scream? We all agreed it sounded like a tea kettle. Ouch.
ReplyDeleteIt's sweet Kris Allen's turn to go home. I LOVE the kid, but I REALLY want to see Allison in the finals and I think she'll make it tonight. My thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI LOVED Adam and Allison's duet. It was UNbelievable!!!
I say Chris tonight. I think Simon was right about Adam saving Allison...
ReplyDeletei survive on your commentaries, since i can't watch it till later! I'm rooting for Adam. He's definitely our favorite.
ReplyDelete