Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day!

I'm not sure, really, what to say today. "Happy Memorial Day" sounds so trite, given what we're memorializing today...but I'm sure many of us are more than happy to have a day off work and an excuse to fire up the grill and eat too much whipped cream!

How about I just point you over to a really fun recipe, instead? BBJ and I made this cake last week, and it is so much fun to make. It's egg free, fat free, and involves cake mix and a can of soda. Interested? (This is a great cake to make for that picnic where Aunt Matilda will be there. You know the one - the aunt that weighs about as much as a toothpick, with a major sweet tooth, and an aversion to all things lipid? Yeah, her. Serve her this cake, and watch your rank in the family skyrocket!)

Head over to The Chow Review for all the deets!

PS - A big thank you to all the men and women who put it on the line to keep our country safe. May God bless you, and keep you, until you can all come home.

4 comments:

  1. My menfolk make a version of this when they are camping that requires a dutch oven, cake mix, sprite, and 2 cans of pie filling. They call it a cobbler but I think a more accurate term would be "vat of sugar". It is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake? Sounds delicious... especially when it involves the Tongginator, a mixing bowl and a wooden spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I would've been a bit skeptical, but your pics make it look SO GOOD. I'll definately be giving this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm.... I wasn't too sure about this one either! However, that DOES look good.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!