Thursday, May 28, 2009

One Of Those Days


This was supposed to be a long, sardonic post moaning about how rough we had it one day. Trust me, it was a doozy. It involved taking a two year old to the dentist and holding her down while she got two cavities filled. It involved Lo Gung going into work for a two hour meeting that resulted in him getting some files to work on...that he couldn't edit. It involved him looking forward to a game of tennis after work and leaving his tennis shoes home, which then involved me driving 45 minutes to his office to give him his shoes, which (of COURSE) were the wrong shoes. (Before you judge, I offered to drive the shoes out there, but couldn't get him on the phone to tell me where his shoes WERE...and I grabbed the wrong ones. It was just one of those days, okay?)

So, instead of boring you with all those details (because, frankly, I'd like to forget that dentist visit ever happened!) I'm just going to tell you this - if your kid's got teeth, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE or the love of all that is calm and lovely, help them to floss, and brush twice a day. Do that, and you MIGHT be able to avoid the dreaded Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

This has been your service announcement for the day. You may now return to your normally scheduled activities.

Thank you.

(In all fairness, though, I have to say that day ended up rather nice. Once we got to Lo Gung's office, all of his co-workers cooed over my kids. Then BBJ found a jar of cookies on Daddy's desk and he let her take them home. Oh, and there were friends waiting for us when we got back to the house and the kids all had a great time that night while Lo Gung was out playing tennis. We grilled corn and ate pasta salad and cantaloupe, then put all three kids into their swimsuits and threw them in the bathtub. Good times, good times.)

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad you made a good day out of a terrible one. Watch those cookies and those teeth:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only there was a way to pull a day over or crawl back under the covers and give it another go when you feel it start to spiral into the no good very bad day zone.

    Wishing you a dentist free kind of day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dentist? Is a torturer. That's all I'm saying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are times when I just don't watn to do the twice a day brushing, but now I will continue :)

    And I love the bathtub bathsuits idea. How big is your tub! lol

    I'm glad that day turned out better than end as is'/was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where were you 3.5 years ago when I needed this PSA? Jarrah has already had SIX cavities--plus two crowns and one root canal. And she's four! Poor little thing. I blogged about it at length but I don't think I knew you then.

    I'm sorry you had a hard day, and sorrier for the little one. Believe me, I feel both of your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you have to deal with bad teeth. Tay has never had a cavity, Syd has had one (on the outside of the tooth-weird!) and Bryant has beautiful teeth! Does ethnicity have anything to do with it, just curious? I had a crazy day too... getting ready for my baby to turn twelve! Her friend party is tonight and we are headed to Hazen to swim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your day turned out better. I brush my two-year-old's teeth twice a day, but I don't floss them. Maybe I should start.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!