Tuesday, June 23, 2009

China Talk Tuesday - Dinosaurs?

On Sunday night, for Father's Day dinner, I made up some of our favorite Chinese dishes - tomatoes with eggs,

steamed salt chicken,

garlic broccoli

, and pork bone and carrot soup.


I was minding my own business, serving myself a little something to eat, when suddenly BBJ pipes up, perky as can be - "Mama! Is that a dinosaur???!"

I looked around to see what on earth she could be talking about.

Then I looked at my bowl.



Ok, yes - I suppose a pork neck bone, simmered all day in a rich, velvety broth, could look very much like a dinosaur.

I guess.

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I can totally see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a great meal.
    Better than what we had at our house, I'm sure. I think we had shrimp and asparagus...
    I'd much rather eat that dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think, I was chatting with you while you started those delicacies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I"m drooling.

    And yea it does look like a dino. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my lands. You can come over any time as long as you cook. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say (and this is a big deal for me right now) That food actually looks delicious!!! The tomato and egg dish I remember learning to cook from a member in Cheung Sha Wan and I used to make it all the time when I came home from my mission - but somewhere over the last several years I have forgotten how or am missing an ingredient because I have not been able to duplicate it in FOREVER! PLEASE send me your directions since I remember it wasn't exactly a measure it out kind of recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!