Friday, June 19, 2009

Fitness/Aloha Friday

First off, my Fitness Report - it's not as bad this week! I'm down .4 pounds..which is still something, right? Siu Jeun is really enjoying his Big Boy Food...and mama hasn't lost much weight since their love affair started. *sigh* Luckily, we became the proud owners of a new jogging/walking stroller this week, and have already taken it out three times. Love, all around!


And...on to Aloha Friday - the part of the week where you do my blogging for me! It's simple - answer the question below in the comments! If you'd like to put up your own Aloha Friday post, or go answer some other questions, click on the banner up above and jump on in!

What's your favorite summer time treat?

When I was in middle school, the little snack cart sold strawberry ice cream bars. They were strawberry in the middle, vanilla on the outside, and covered in little crunchy...things. Om nom nom. I haven't had one since I was 13 years old!

Your turn!

10 comments:

  1. Blackberries with milk and sugar...blackberry cobbler...blackberries off the vine...I think I'm obsessed. WHY is my backyard surrounded by blackberry bushes that don't produce fruit?? Cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grilled Hamburgers :) Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  3. dreamcicles, the orange ones with vanilla on the inside. And the pink-- i think it's the same as you mentioned! has cookie crumb stuff on the outside. Super yummy. But i could eat anything ice cream ALL YEAR LONG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the Good Humor truck bringing those strawberry ice creams around. Yummmmmmy! (Again dating myself lol)
    My favorite summer treat would be a frozen snickers bar. Not the silly ice cream bars they have now. The real chocolate bar frozen. We used to buy them that way at the beach confection station.
    And strawberry margarita's come in a close second. Hold the salt, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was little, my grandma always had Otter Pops in her freezer. I LOVED them. Not so fond of them now, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlfriend! I can't believe you haven't had one of those in so long. I know you are on a diet and all but you really need to have one. That is one of those things that are still as good now as they were when I was a kid:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lOVE those strawberry ice cream bars. I have no idea what they are called, but they are SO good. I have not had one in years. I also loved getting ice cream sandwiches from the ice cream truck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so many...but one that still says summer to me (because I can't even remember the last time I had one!) are the Neopolitan ice cream sandwiches my mom would bring out to us by the pool after we'd already been swimming a couple hours (oy, no wonder I have sun damage! :)) I used to agonize about whether to start at the strawberry or chocolate end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing such a great job with the weight loss!

    My favorite summer time treat is smores. It's too cold for bonfires in the winter, so we have them during chilly summer nights.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!