And now we get to my favorite part of the week - the part where YOU do my blogging for me!

It's simple - I post a question, you comment with an answer, and we are all edified together. (If you'd like more questions to answer, or would like to play along, head on over to Island Life and link up!)
Here's a little background first: I have a friend coming to visit this evening. I think she'll stay for a day or two. She was one of the girls I worked with when I was a missionary in Hong Kong, and is one of my good friends. I haven't seen her in several years, and she'll only be here a short time.
So, my question is...
If you could see a friend this weekend that you hadn't seen in several years, what would YOU do? Where would you go? What's cool in YOUR town?
I'm sure we'll go to Stew Leonard's...and there will be cooking and eating and hanging and laughing, reminiscing...and as much Chinese as we can handle. I've already drilled BBJ on what to call her - she's Gam Yi Yi. (Auntie Gam...her name isn't Gam, but it's what I called her on our mission, and...nobody knows who I'm talking about if I use her real name. hehe She'll probably call me A-Ngaahn...because that's what she called me on our mission. Make sense? Those were our Chinese surnames.)
Have a great weekend, y'all!
Congratulations on the weight loss!
ReplyDeleteWhat would we do, what would we do?
In beautiful weather, we'd walk downtown by the Rideau Canal, walk over to the market district to grab something yummy. And we'd walk some more, browsing at the marvelous craft stores in the area.
If the weather's iffy, we'd have a big cooking session at home and pig out. :)
Take in some Chinese for a long catch session w/ interuptons
ReplyDeleteYou asked what would I do? so I answered..WE'd take in chinese :)
ReplyDeleteWe'd eat here and just sit around and talk. And drink a little wine. But that's me:)
ReplyDeletei would fly out to her a little vaca from the kids would be nice and she has an awesome church out 9in North Carolina that I would love to visit again. :)
ReplyDeleteit will have to be my hs bestfriend, hazel. doesn't matter where we will be, what's important is that we're together. we have tons of catching up to do.
ReplyDeletethe local bars and cafes would be an excellent place to start (winK(
Ooh, it would depend on the friend/interests, but... Probably just go somewhere we could talk and catch up. There's a family owned coffee shop near my house that also specializes in wine and chocolate. What's there not to like?
ReplyDeleteWe would probably catch a local lounge show and catch up.
ReplyDeleteOh if I had a night with an old missionary comp here at my house we'd break out all the English treats that you guys don't have and chat and laugh all night.
ReplyDeleteUnless of course it was one of my comps I wasn't keen on cos then I'd keep the door locked and hide behind the sofa instead.
It just so happens that a dear friend I haven't seen in ages and I are planning just such a trip! Only we decided to meet in Vegas (away from meddling children) to be near spas and buffets. So I guess we'll get massages and eat a lot and talk our ears off. I couldn't think of anything more perfect!
ReplyDelete