Monday, June 29, 2009

A Perfectly Lovely Party

I apologize for the lack of Interesting around here lately - Siu Jeun has stopped sleeping through the night, which means he's getting up at 8 instead of 6 (I know - boo hoo!) and my blogging/work out time is pretty much non-existent.

HOWEVER, I wanted to give you a quick run down on the goings on of the past few days.
First off, a very talented friend of mine came over and did a Mary Kay session the other morning. My job was to round up a few willing faces, and provide the goodies. My friend, bless her heart, brought along two ten year old girls (her daughter and a friend) to watch the 7 children that accompanied their mothers to the shin dig. (Two 5 year olds, three two year olds, a 1 year old and Siu Jeun.) The BabySitter Girls were AWESOME. Not only did they watch all seven children with EXPERT patience, they kept them quiet and HAPPY for two hours! (They would come up and whisper in a mother's ear if something was wrong that they couldn't fix. They came to find me when Siu Jeun was crying and couldn't be comforted. Turns out, he had had a messy diaper , so they had changed his diaper, changed his wet-with-drool clothes...and just couldn't get his shirt on his stubborn, thick body - hence the crying.)

I got the house all decked out for the party. I clipped some flowers from the front yard...
(Anybody know what that blue flower is? I think it's sage. More importantly, is it edible??! It smells divine.)

Here's the kids playing together...



The party was a success - all the Moms had fun, and we all looked great. (The other moms really did look great, too, but I didn't get their permission to plaster their Made Up Mugs on my blog, so...you're stuck with my Made Up Mug.)

6 comments:

  1. You look very pretty... but I want you to know that I will never attend a make-up party at your house (or any other house for that matter- heh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I used to sell Mary Kay, and I always liked making everyone look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like you had a great time.
    And you look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, you are gorgeous. This is why you never see photos of me on my blog. You all would shiver in fright and quit being friends with me.
    I bet my husband would know that flower. He isn't home now though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could have been there! And you "look a beauty," as J. would say. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do look lovely! Wish I could have come too, but I got my own personal session today from Lynette. :) She's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!