Our Independence Day was really fun - loads of friends, food and laughs. It started out Friday. Our city has a fireworks display on July 3 that is visible from our backyard. I cooked up a bunch of yummies, had some friends over, kept the Littles up until Way Too Late to see the "Thunder" (as BBJ calls it), and generally had a great time!
Saturday morning we were all a little bleary eyed, but determined to have a Good Holiday. The day started out with a trip to our church breakfast. I brought cinnamon rolls to go with the breakfast casseroles, fruits and juice that were already there. After we had all eaten our fill, the kids went outside for the Parade.
The Parade is a chance for all the kids to decorate their bikes up and ride through the parking lot while their parents clap and cheer. I knew that BBJ would want in on the action, so we decorated her little ride-on toy and set her loose! (I promise BBJ was wearing pants that day - she chose her own outfit and either the top was a little long or the shorts were a little short...)
The highlight of my morning, though, was seeing our friend's face when he realized that we had also brought a little ride for his son. It's his son's favorite toy at our house, and the first thing he asks for when he walks in the door. "I wanna pony!" he squeals.
Did we forget to tell his Dad that the pony was pink?
Heh.
After the breakfast, Lo Gung went to play tennis with that same friend (so, apparently, there were no lasting hard feelings....). After the kids took a good nap, we finished off the day with a stroll through the mall - I mean, who really wants to sit at home on a holiday? Walking through the mall seemed like the easiest option we could come up with! Besides, I scored a new pair of jeans for $19.99...and THAT is cause for celebration!
What did you do to celebrate?
Great photos! I've been absent more too. Busy, busy week. BBJ looks very proud.
ReplyDelete