Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Few Backyard Friends...

I looked out the window the other morning, expecting to see our normal morning visitors: squirrels, robins, woodpeckers, bluejays, sparrows, and loads of Canadian Geese.

I saw none of the usual visitors. Instead, I saw this grand fellow standing guard by the lake.
I think he scared off all of the other birds! I know I was a little scared - he looks to be at least as tall as BBJ!
There were, however, a few intrepid ducks in the lake...but they didn't stay around to chat. Just passing through....

I'm pretty sure I have a new set of friends in my attic. Remember the squirrels from the winter? I really can't tell if this new batch is mice or birds..or maybe both. Any idea how to tell? Oh, and if it IS mice...what do I do about it? I mean, they're not really in any part of the attic that is accessible, unless I want to take out a light fixture and stick my hand up inside. Ummm....that sounds even scarier than that blue heron up there!

(I did have a chat with my landlord, and showed him where the "mice" sounds were coming from. He concluded, based on the fact that there is no viable "attic" between the ceiling I was pointing at and the roof above it, that what I'm hearing is birds either on the roof or perhaps under the eaves. Alrighty, then. Sure.)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!