Friday, July 31, 2009

Fitness/Aloha/Tongginator Friday

(Goodness, but this post is coming late in the day! We started off the morning by running 10 minutes down to the road to a friend's house, where I left my cell phone yesterday. Siu Jeun fell asleep in the car on the way home...which means that 5 minutes was all the nap he was gonna take before noon. Ouch. A friend came to visit, with her two kids, and I finally put him down at 11:30. He slept for 20 minutes. again, ouch. He took another 10 minute nap a few hours later, and then crawled around on the floor, talking to his pacifier, for an hour while I attended a meeting online. Now, it is nearly 4 pm, he's not going back to bed, and...where did my day go?! At least I got my floors swept and mopped. Woot! Oh, and I made two cakes. Om nom nom.)

Fitness Friday: the part of the story where I tell you about my weight loss.

I'm down a little over two pounds for the week. WOOT. I think I took off what I gained on vacation....plus a little bit. We're making progress, people. 4 more pounds to go!

Aloha Friday: the part of the story where I ask you a question, you answer it...and thus I have a really, really easy blog day. For more Aloha Friday fun, head over to www.islandlife808.com.

If you could eat anything, RIGHT NOW, what would it be?

Tongginator Friday: the part of the story where I participate in Tonggu Momma's (one time?) carnival to share stories that show that our daughters can be as feisty, adorable and down-right THEMSELVES as her very own little Tongginator.
(ps - a Tongginator is a Terminator from Tonggu County. To see what I mean, head over to Tonggu Momma's blog. Tell her LoLo sent you.

Here's a quick story, and the first one that comes to mind:

Last summer, we flew our little crew of three (plus a bun in the oven) back to Seattle to see my family. BBJ was reasonably good on the flight back. (Meaning that she didn't try to maul anyone. And we let her eat ketchup for dinner. And wear a crazy outfit. Seriously - go check it out.) We had a great time with my family, hanging out with my family at a rented cabin...and trying to forget the flight going there. Why?

Because my sweet daughter, somewhere over South Dakota, after a day of ABSOLUTELY NO NAPS WHATSOEVER, demanded that we open the doors and let her off the plane. Now.

Have you ever tried to say no to a two year old who is BEYOND tired, and bored? Hehe...Let's just say, the entire jumbo jet knew that our two year old was having issues with authority that day.

(For the full story, head over here.)

Oh, and one more quick one - during our recent trip to Philadelphia and DC, we were BLESSED to be able meet up with Tonggu Momma and her crew. Waiting for the train, after dinner, I challenged both girls (Tongginator and BBJ) to a spinning party. They realized they were both wearing dresses, and proceeded to spin their little hearts out. It was Pretty Darn Cute. The end.

That's it for me, folks. Have a GREAT weekend. Oh, and be sure to head over to Tonggu Momma's this weekend if you need a good laugh. I'm pretty excited to read everybody's Tongginator-wanna-be stories.

12 comments:

  1. If I could eat anything right now it would have to be dark chocolate fudge brownie with chocolate ice cream on top. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a slice of Pizza right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Caramel cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now dreading the flight from DC to Beijing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have so been there...well, not on a flight exactly, but the whole authority issue with a 2 year old! Thanks for the smile...its always easier to laugh WAY after the fact, right? :) I'm enjoying all the Tongginator stories and those participating! :)
    Lisa
    P.S. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chipotle. I think it's always Chipotle. MMMMM, the guac...

    Oh no... now I might leave my children in their beds to drive to Chipotle.

    Kidding. Of course.

    But it's tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love popcorn right now...I might make some in a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man...I could really use a brownie right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love a great big crisp chocolate chip cookie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheesecake. Always cheesecake!
    Plus - I missed you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats! and I just had it...I made ricotta pancakes with our 2 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The apple pie in the kitchen is calling my name. I had to live vicariously yesterday and let J. have TWO slices when she got home from camp. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!