Friday, July 3, 2009

Fitness/Aloha Friday

Fitness first: I'm down another .4 pounds this week, and 72% done with my goal! My body fat, as measured by my scale, is down to 18%...as opposed to 25 or 28 when I was at the height of my pregnancy. Woohoo!!

And now we get to my favorite part of the week - the part where YOU do my blogging for me!



It's simple - I post a question, you comment with an answer, and we are all edified together. (If you'd like more questions to answer, or would like to play along, head on over to Island Life and link up!)

So my question is...

What are you cooking this weekend?

I just finished boiling my ribs and chicken for tonight. I'll marinate them and then grill them to sticky perfection. My mango pudding is setting up in the fridge. I just need to cook the corn, probably two ways - grilled and creamed. I'll make a strawberry cobbler later, and chop up the watermelon. My guests are bringing pasta salad, hot dog buns, green salad, brownies and ice cream. Om nom nom!!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss. I have put on about 7 pounds and now need to work and get it off. Why does it come on sooo easily? Ok...tonight we are eating out. Tomorrow is a BBQ and Sunday I'm just not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know... probably chicken-apple sausages on Saturday, on rolls from my french bread recipe. I haven't gotten much further than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work! I am eating at a friends!! No cook weekend for me!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. No cooking for us, we are going out to a BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoooo @ you! and i am NOT cooking so wooohooo for me too. lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're making ribs too - well, my husband is.
    I'm probably going to make some bread rolls to go with that.
    Probably a salad?
    We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  7. 74% is great! Look how far you have come.
    Well, my son had to have his toe operated on today, as I had feared. So, no real plans for us for the weekend. We'll just be "limping" along:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not cooking anything at all. My assignment is to bring potato chips to my parents' house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to a wedding tomorrow night and will eat normal food the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hamburgers, salad and corn on the cob!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go on the weight loss. I am working on that as well.

    Not sure what we are having most of the weekend. With possible gallbladder issues I am having a hard time finding anything that does not make me sick. Hoping that a hamburger at my parents tonight will not be too bad. Veggie dogs last night were not a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I brought my red, white and blueberry cheesecake to the party this year. I am posting my recipe tommorrow on my recipe blog if you wanna check it out.


    http://myfoodishway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man!!! I didn't cook really anything this weekend.. We ate out twice.. pizza both times LOL ugh

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!